- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Soak beans overnight in 9 cups water, refrigerated. Drain.
- Bring to a boil in 9 cups fresh water. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until nearly tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain beans, reserving two cups of liquid (I save it all and use the remainder as a soup base). Combine beans and other ingredients in a 4-quart covered casserole.
- Cover and bake at 250° F for 6 to 9 hours. If you are home, occasionally check after a few hours, and add a little bean liquid if necessary.
- As the sauce develops, tinker with the seasoning if necessary.
- Leave uncovered for the last hour or so.
- Cooking time: 6 to 9 hours in 250° F oven; or up to 12 hours in a crockpot on low
Source: D Lachman
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: 22 Jul 1998
You may also like