- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Simmer onions a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cube of bouillon. Simmer till thickened a bit (about five minutes)
- Make the broth tasty with black pepper.
- Add the brown beans, the selley leaves and the whole hot pepper. Add enough cooking water.
- Simmer till the liquid is thickened (about another ten minutes).
- Make to taste with the nutmeg (and more pepper).
- Serve the rice covered with the beans, the finely cut hot pepper.
Source: Boxel, African-Surinamese kitchen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: 31 May 1998
You may also like