- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Drain the beans and combine with the 2 quarts water in a stockpot or dutch oven. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour, until the beans are tender but not mushy. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the mustard in the bean liquid and combine with the finely chopped onion, chutney, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir this into the beans.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Pour half of the bean mixture into a 2- or 3-quart lidded casserole or baking dish. Top with half of the sliced apples, peaches, and apricots, then pour in the rest of the bean mixture and top with the rest of the fruit. Combine the rice syrup and the molasses and pour evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, then remove the cover and bake for another 30 minutes. Serve steaming hot.
Source: Adapted from: Vegetarian Feast, by Martha Rose Shulman
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Dec 7, 1998
You may also like