- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Drain the beans, cover with fresh water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then drain again.
- Whisk together the molasses, sugar, mustard, cayenne, Bakon yeast, and tamari in a bowl, then mix with the beans and add the onions, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place in a bean pot or 2-quart baking dish and add water to cover the beans. Cover and bake until the beans are very soft, 7 to 8 hours. Check periodically and add more water, if needed, to keep the beans from drying out.
- Remove the cover during the last half hour of cooking so a crust can form. 401 calories, 1.7 gram fat per 1 cup serving.
- Serve with corn bread and a salad.
- NOTES: Bakon yeast contributes the smoky flavor instead of using salt pork. A crockpot would work fine with this recipe.
Source: Ann Miner
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Date: Aug 21, 1995
You may also like