- Serves: 8
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Combine marjoram and pepper; sprinkle over beef.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown beef, half a batch at a time, about 10 minutes. Pour off drippings.
- Add broth, wine and garlic, stirring to combine. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 1 hour.
- Add carrots and continue cooking, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and onions; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes more.
- Combine water and cornstarch; gradually stir into stew. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
You may also like