- Serves: 8
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Add oil to a heated heavy skillet and sauté round steak, stirring constantly, until browned, about 10 minutes. Remove beef and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add onions and mushrooms; sauté until onions are fragrant and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and set aside. Return beef to skillet; sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in red wine and beef broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender. Add the onion/mushroom mixture and cook until heated thoroughly, another 5 minutes.
You may also like