- Serves: 6
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place cubed round steak in a stockpot; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle onions along with garlic cloves over the meat with parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Add 2 strips of lemon peel and juice, red wine and oil. Marinate the meat for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cook bacon in a skillet for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade, and toss with flour until evenly coated. Fry with the bacon for several minutes. Strain the marinade into the pan, stir well to blend, and add beef broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan tightly, and simmer gently for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
You may also like