- Serves: 4 to 6
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beef and sauté until brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer beef to plate.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter in same pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. sauté until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices, carrots, thyme, wine and broth to pan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until meat and carrots are tender.
- Remove cover; increase heat and boil until broth is slightly thickened. Season stew to taste with salt and pepper.
You may also like