- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp of the oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meat, a portion at a time (do not crowd pan); cook, turning as needed, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish. Stir in wine.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp oil in pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are limp. With a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to baking dish.
- Stir flour into drippings in pan; cook, stirring, until flour is golden. Remove from heat and gradually stir in consomme and tomato paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to high heat and bring sauce to a boil, stirring; pour sauce over meat and vegetables. Add bay leaf, cover, and bake in a 350° F oven until meat is tender to bite, about 1 1/2 hours. if made ahead, let cool; then cover and refrigerate until next day (freeze for longer storage). Reheat before serving.
- To serve, in a large pan, cook noodles in about 2 1/2 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente (firm to the bite), about 6 to 8 minutes; or cook according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and spoon into center of a rimmed serving dish. Stir sour cream into hot meat mixture. Spoon meat mixture over noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like