- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Trim any excess fat from meat and discard.
- Cut through tenderloin lengthwise to within 1/2-inch of the other side.
- Lay meat open like a book. Spread meat with mustard. Lay basil and sage leaves on mustard.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves, garlic and pepper. Bring cut sides together and tie roast with cotton string at about 1-inch intervals to secure.
- Coat surface of beef with butter and sprinkle with more pepper.
- Lay roast, cut to the side, on a rack in a 12x17-inch pan.
- Bake at 425° F until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part registers 130 to 135° F for rare, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let rest in a warm place up to 20 minutes.
- Transfer meat to a platter. Remove strings. Garnish with herb springs. Slice and add salt and pepper to taste.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like