- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Rub beef with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a flame-proof roasting pan and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (130° F for rare, 140° F for medium-rare). Remove meat from oven when temperature is 10° shy of desired doneness since roast will finish cooking as it rests.
- Add shallot to roasting pan. Heat Drambuie in a small saucepan over low heat until warmed. Pour Drambuie over beef and quickly ignite, using a long match. When flame goes out, remove beef to a serving platter and hold, loosely covered.
- Add flour to roasting pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in beef broth, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to gravy boat.
- Slice beef and serve with sauce.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like