- Yields: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Tie beef tenderloin roast with heavy string at 2-inch intervals.
- In a Dutch oven or heavy stockpot, brown roast in oil over medium-high heat until all sides are browned. Pour off drippings.
- Add water, broth, wine, garlic, marjoram, peppercorns and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes per pound. Temperature should register 130° F. Do not overcook. Remove roast to serving platter. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, place carrots and potatoes in a steamer over 1 to 2-inches of boiling water. Cover and cook 6 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts; cover and continue cooking 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss with steamed vegetables.
- Remove string from roast and carve into thin slices. Serve with vegetables.
You may also like