- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place porcini mushrooms in food processor or mini chopper; process until finely ground. Combine ground mushrooms, oil, cheese, pepper and garlic in small bowl. Press mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of the fire grate, leaving open space in center. When coals are medium, ash-covered add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Place aluminum foil drip pan in center between coals. Position cooking grid over coals.
- Place roast on grid directly over one side of coals. Sear, uncovered, 5 minutes or until bottom of roast is browned. Turn roast over and place in center of grid directly over drip pan. Grill, covered, 35 to 45 minutes for medium rare, 45 to 60 minutes for medium doneness, turning accasionally. (Add 3 to 4 briquets per side every 30 minutes to maintain heat level.)
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef, not resting in fat, registers 135° F for medium rare; 150° F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Carve roast into slices.
Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like