- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- Filets are often irregular in shape, if yours are use a piece of kitchen twine to tie them into a round. Season filets generously with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat a medium (10-inch) non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and swirl in pan to melt. Cook filets on both sides for about 3 minutes until well-browned, then brown the edges.
- Allow filets to cool, then wrap in plastic and chill for at least a couple of hours. In the meantime make the duxelles. Heat oven to 400° F. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water (egg wash).
- Wrap the filets in puff pastry according to the steps outlined in the photo tutorial for Individual Beef Wellingtons. Brush with egg wash, and bake in center of oven until golden brown; about 30 minutes.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like