- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Bordelaise Sauce Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- If roast is long and thin, fold narrow ends under and tie. If roast is flat and wide, tie crosswise in 2 or 3 places to form a rounder roast. (Finished shape should be about 7 X 3 1/2-inches.) Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 35 minutes. Remove from pan (remove strings if tied). Refrigerate about 10 minutes to cool surface.
- Meanwhile, for pastry, combine flour and 1/8 tsp salt. Cut in the shortening until pieces are the size of small peas. Combine egg yolk and water. Add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork till all is moistened. (If necessary, add 1 or 2 Tbsp additional water to moisten.) Form into a ball.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread pastry with pate` to within 1 1/2-inches of edges. Center meat atop pastry. Loosely wrap pastry around meat, overlapping long sides. Brush edges with beaten egg white and seal. Place seam side down in a greased shallow baking pan. Reroll any trimmings to make cutouts. Place cutouts on pastry-covered meat. Brush remaining egg white over pastry.*
- Bake about 25 minutes or till pastry is golden and meat is done to desire taste. Serve with Bordelaise Sauce. If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs.
Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Stir together 3 Tbsp softened margarine or butter and 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour. Add to wine mixture. Cook and stir till thick and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in 1 Tbsp snipped parsley.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like