- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large pot, mix together diced carrots, diced celery ribs, diced onion, minced garlic cloves, and beef broth. Cover and cook over low heat, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil a rump roast 4-inches from the heat until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place beef in pot with vegetables along with pan drippings and 1/2 cup red wine. Cover pot tightly and simmer over very low heat until tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the beef to a warm platter, cover, and keep warm in the oven.
- Strain the sauce into a medium saucepan. Add sliced mushrooms and boil until the sauce is reduced by one third and is thickened. Mix together 3/4 cup red wine and cornstarch. Stir into the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened. Serve the sauce with the sliced roast.
Servings: 6 to 8
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like