- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Place beef brisket, fat side up, in 13 x 10-inch shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle brisket evenly with salt, pepper and garlic. Top with onion.
- Bake in 350ºF. oven 1 hour, or until onions turn brown.
- Add 1 cup hot water and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF and continue cooking 2 hours or until brisket is tender.
- Remove brisket and onions to warm platter. Skim fat from juices or use a gravy separator.
- To make gravy, combine 1 cup water and cornstarch. Add to juices in pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gravy boils and thickens.
- Carve brisket across the grain into thin slices.
- Serve brisket and onions with gravy.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like