- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a kettle over medium heat. Add brisket and cook, turning, until evenly browned. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Add 3/4 cup beef broth, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until the brisket is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp butter over low heat until melted. Add sliced onions and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir dried mixed fruit, 1 cup beef broth, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 1/2 tsp cider vinegar, and ginger. Cover tightly and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes, or until the fruit is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the brisket from the pan and keep warm; skim the surface and stir cornstarch into the pan juices. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened, stirring. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Serve the brisket with the gravy and fruit sauce.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like