- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Trim excess fat from brisket; sprinkle meat with seasoned pepper and salt. Place flour in a large oven cooking bag and shake; add brisket. Set the bag in a roasting pan.
- Combine carrots, celery, onions, undrained tomatoes, wine, soup mix, basil, and bay leaves; pour atop brisket. Close bag; cut slits in top of bag and seal the bag.
- Roast at 325° F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove bay leaves. Slice meat across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Skim fat from pan juices; serve with meat. Makes 12 main-dish servings.
- Make-ahead tip: Cool meat in bag; cover and chill overnight. To reheat, remove meat from bag; thinly slice. Place slices in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Skim fat from juices; pour over meat. Cover; heat in a 300° F oven about 50 minutes or until hot. Serve as above.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like