- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sear meat, fat side down for from five to ten minutes. When brown, turn and brown on the other side. Remove brisket. Skim off any fat and discard, leaving drippings in pan. Add water, onions, celery, chili sauce, vinegar and molasses to pan and mix well. Return meat to pan, cover and cook over medium-low heat for 3 hours.
- Add beer, paprika and potatoes. Re-cover and cook for an hour longer, adding water, if needed, to keep moist.
- Crockpot: Sear meat as directed, then place all ingredients except salt and pepper in a large crockpot set on high heat. Cover and took for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Let brisket cook in liquid for 30 minutes, then transfer to a container. Pour the cooking liquid and potatoes in a bowl. Discard bay leaves. Let cool for at least 2 hours, then skim off fat.
- Return liquid and potatoes to pot with a lid. Cut meat across grain into 1/4-inch slices; add to the liquid. Cover and reheat over low or heat in the microwave. Adjust seasonings. Serve on warmed platter surrounded by potatoes and cooking liquid.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like