- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in buttermilk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Make a swell in center of mixture; add reserved yeast mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free of drafts, for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° F - 205*C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Makes: 3 1/2 dozen
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like