- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening to resemble small peas; set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water - 105°-115° F ). Add yeast and buttermilk to flour mixture and mix with a fork to make a soft dough. Knead briefly.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut out 24 circles with a biscuit cutter. Place on baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.
Makes: 24 biscuits
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like