- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening using a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse corn meal.
- Using a fork, stir in just enough milk so that dough leaves side of bowl and rounds up into a ball. (Too much milk will result in sticky dough, too little and biscuits will be dry.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly a few times, about 30 seconds.
- Roll to 1/2 to 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a floured 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet about 1-inch apart for crusty sides, or together for soft sides.
- Brush tops liberally with melted butter.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheet and serve hot.
Makes: about 1 dozen biscuits
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like