- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Friendship Bread Ingredients:
- To make starter, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir together (using a non-metallic spoon) 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 cup milk in a non-metallic bowl or container. Add yeast mixture and stir.
- Day 1: Do nothing; it has been stirred.
- Days 2, 3 and 4: Stir.
- Day 5: Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour.
- Days 6, 7, 8 and 9: Stir.
- Day 10: Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and stir. Remove 1 cup to make your first bread, give three cups to friends along with the recipe.
- Store the remaining starter in a container in the refrigerator and begin the 10 day process over again. You can also freeze this starter in 1 cup measures for later use. Frozen starter will take at least 3 hours at room temperature to thaw before using.
- To make Friendship Bread, whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; set aside. In large mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients, mixing well. Stir in the flour mixture, mixing only until just combined; do not over mix.
- Pour into two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350° F for 50 to 60 minutes. For variations, add your favorite dried fruits, nuts and/ or chocolate chips.
Makes: 2 loaves
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like