- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pecans and cranberries. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg, applesauce and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350° F or 35-40 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Ingredient note: Orange-flavored dried cranberries, which are now available, are excellent in this recipe.
- Preparation note: To bake this recipe in a 10-inch tube pan, increase all ingredients, except salt, by one-half. For the egg, use 1 egg and 1 egg white. Bake 5-10 minutes longer, until bread tests done.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like