- Makes: 16
- Source: Shelley Rodgers
- Submitted by: Sam Waring
- Date: Apr 12, 1994
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Cream margarine, add sugar, beat in eggs one at a time until light.
- Add flour mixture and blend well. Blend in lemon peel and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix in pine nuts and anise seed. Mix until just blended. Cover dough and chill about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour 2 baking sheets. Divide dough into 4 pieces.
- Flour hands and roll each piece into 1-1/2 inch round log.
- DOUGH IS STICKY. Put 2 logs on each baking sheet – spaced about 4 inches apart.
- Bake until tops are lightly browned or about 18 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets.
- Transfer logs to a cutting board. Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Put cut side down on baking sheet.
- Bake about another 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
You may also like