- Makes: 4 Dozen
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Janet Morrissey
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- The result depends heavily on your mixing technique and on the flour you use. If your first batch resembles a sack of small bricks, try (try) again.
- Roast almonds in a 350° F oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl reserving about 1 cup. Lightly beat eggs and vanilla and add. Work mixture until dough coheres adding reserved dry ingredients if necessary.
- Add nuts and knead until they are evenly distributed. Divide into thirds and rest for a few minutes. Then shape into slabs about 1 wide and 12-14 long.
- Place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake at 300° F for 50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes then cut diagonal bars 1/2 thick. Lay the cookies on their sides and return to the oven for 50 minutes.
- Store in a paper bag for 5-6 days before serving.
You may also like