- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Teresa Kellner
- Date: Oct 22, 1993
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Put almonds in a shallow pan. Toast at 350° F for 10 minutes. Cool. Chop coarsely.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, almond extract and zert about 1 minute. Add to flour mixture.
- Cut dough in half. On a greased and floured baking sheet, pat dough into two logs, 1/2 thick x 1-1/2 wide and 12 long.
- Place logs 2 apart. Bake in a preheated 300° F over for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut loaves at 45° F angle, 1/2 thick (16-10 pieces). Lay slices flat on a baking sheet. Cook at 275° F for 20-25 minutes, turning once.
- Store in an airtight container.
You may also like