- Makes: n/a
- Source: BBC Vegetarian Good Food
- Submitted by: Clare Cockburn
- Date: Aug 10, 1995
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and vanilla, then add the lemon rind, rosemary and nuts.
- Gradually work together using a wooden spoon to make a smooth dough. On a floured surface, halve the dough and shape into 2 8-inch sausage shapes.
- Transfer to two non-stick baking sheets and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6, until light golden.
- Slice each length into 8 pieces on the diagonal, arrange on the baking sheets and return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
You may also like