- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Marie Arico
- Date: Mar 25, 1996
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Thoroughly stir together flour, baking powder,salt and lemon peel.
- In large bowl, combine butter and sugar and beat until well blended. Add eggs and extract and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in half the dry ingredients.
- Stir in remaining dry ingreients with wooden spoon. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a smooth, evenly shaped log, about 12 inches long.
- (Place in wax paper and roll back and forth to make it easy). Unroll onto baking sheet, spacing them as far apart as possible.
- Press down logs to flatten slightly. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool, then cut logs into 1/2 inch slices, using a sharp knife.
- Lay slices flat on baking sheet, return to oven and toast 5-7 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 4-5 minutes longer on second side. (The longer the baking time, the crisper the biscotti)
- Remove from oven onto wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Can be frozen.
You may also like