- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Wendy Johnson
- Date: Jun 23, 1996
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, sugar, vanilla and anise extract in large mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add combined dry ingredients, mix well; stir in almonds.
- On well-floured surface with floured hands, shape dough into three 12 x 1 1/2 inch logs.
- Place logs, 2 inches apart, on greases and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. (Dough will spread and flatten slightly during baking.)
- Cool slightly. Diagonally cut each log into 3/4 inch slices. Place on cookie sheet.
- Continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
You may also like