- Makes: 4 Dozen
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Mix oil and sugar together. Add eggs and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla (or vanilla and almond). Add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in nuts (and poppy seeds if including). Cover mixture with plastic wrap. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Form into 2 logs on cookie sheet. Flatten down. Bake at 350° F for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Slice with sharp serrated knife on angle after baking.
- Lay each cut slice down on foil-lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 200° F or 250° F (slow oven) for 1 hour. Will be hard and crunchy.
You may also like