- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Dianne Weinsaft
- Date: Dec 9, 1998
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, Coconut Ameretto or milk, and almond extract.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add to the creamed mixture, mixing until blended. Fold in nuts and coconut.
- Divide dough in half. On a greased and floured baking sheet pat out into two logs about 1/2 inch high, 1 1/2 inches wide and 14 inches long, spacing them at 2 apart.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated 325° F oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer from the baking sheet to a rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board. With a serrated knife slice diagonally on a 45ø about 1/2 thick. Lay the slices flat on the baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 minutes longer, longer, turning them over once, to dry slightly. Let cool on a rack.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
- NOTES: Macadamias and coconut bring the Hawaiian touch to these winning biscotti.
You may also like