- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Shelley Rodgers
- Date: Mar 25, 1996
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Toast almonds in shallow pan for 12 minutes. Cool. Reduce heat to 300° F. Adjust racks to divide oven in thirds. Line two cookie sheets with foil, shiny side up.
- Sift flour,cocoa,baking soda, salt and espresso powder together. With heavy knife shred chocolate finely.
- Place chocolate in food processor with metal blade. Add 1/2 cup of sifted ingredients and process for 20-30 secs till chocolate is fine.
- In large bowl of elec. mixer beat eggs and extracts just to mix. On low speed add chocolate mixture, remaining sifted ingredients, and sugar. Beat to mix. Will be very stiff.
- Stir in almonds. Turn dough onto floured surface. Form mound. Cut in half. Flour each half and form into sausage shape 12 long.
- Place sausage shape on baking sheet diagonally. Bake two sheets at a time for 50 mins., reversing sheets top to bottom and front to back once to ensure even baking.
- Remove sheets from oven. Let cool 10 minutes. Transfer baked strips to cutting board.With serrated knife, cut strips on sharp angle into cookies 1/2 wide.
- Carefully place cookies, cut side up, on cookie sheets and bake again at 300° F for 40 minutes, turning them upside down after 15 or 20 minutes, until cookies are completely dry and crisp.
- Turn off heat, open oven door and let them cool in oven. Store in airtight cannisters.
You may also like