- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large bowl place the butter and sugar, and cream them together. One at a time add the eggs and beat them in. Add the anise seeds and mix them in. Add the vanilla and anisette and beat them in.
- In a mixing bowl place the flour and baking powder, and mix them together. Add the flour to butter mixture. Combine the ingredients together well. Add the almonds and stir them in well.
- Form the dough into a flat loaf. Cover it and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the loaf on a cookie sheet and bake it for 20 minutes, or until it is firm.
- Remove the loaf and let it cool. Slice it diagonally into 3/4 thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the slices on a cookie sheet and bake them for 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Let them cool before serving.
You may also like