- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Put the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade.
- Pulse several times to mix. In a container with a pouring spout, mix together the 2 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk, vanilla and orange zest.
- Pour into the flour mixture, stirring continuously until mixture is not yet collected into a ball. Add the nuts.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into tow or three logs, each 3 inches wide. Put onto buttered baking sheets at least three inches apart. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until pale gold, Remove from oven and cool until comfortable enough to handle. Use a serrated knife to cut into 1= inch strips.
- Cut the strips into inch thick slices. Arrange them on the baking sheets, cut side down and return them to the oven to bake for another 12 minutes until pale golden.
You may also like