- Makes: 4 Dozen
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, blending well. Add remaining ingredients except the flour. Beat until well blended. Add flour, a little at a time, mixing well until dough is soft, but not sticky. Place on board and knead dough with heel of hands until smooth. Use additional flour sparingly or dough will become stiff.
- Tear off pieces of dough the size of an egg and fashion into a rope and seal (doughnut shape). Plunge biscotti, a few at a time, into 4 quarts of rapidly boiling water. Let biscotti rise to top and cook for 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon. Cool on a large clean towel. Slit cooled biscotti with a sharp knife along the perimeter and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450° degrees F for about 10 minutes until double in size. Lower oven temperature to 350° F and bake until brown. Cool.
- Frost with lemon icing, if desired.
You may also like