- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Combine flour, walnuts, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until well blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 7 times. Shape dough into a 16 inch long roll, and place on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam; flateen roll to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Remove roll from baking sheet; let cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut roll diagonally into 27 (1/2-inch) slices, and place, cut sides down, on baking sheet.
- Reduce oven temp to 325° F and bake 10 minutes. Turn cookies over, and bake an additional 10 minutes. The cookies will be slightly soft but will harden as they cool.
- Remove from baking sheet, and let cool completely on wire rack.
You may also like