- Makes: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Be careful with the first baking of these biscotti. Even though they are baked a second time after being cut, if they do not bake sufficiently the first time, the biscotti will have a hard, heavy core.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients except honey and water in a mixing bowl and stir a minute or 2 to mix. Add the honey and water and stir until a firm dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide in half. Roll each half into a log about 15 inches long. Place both logs, well apart, on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment or buttered wax paper.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until well risen, firm and a dark golden color. Remove from oven, cool logs slightly and place on a cutting board.
- Slice the logs diagonally at 1/2-inch intervals. Return the cut biscotti to the pan, cut side down, and bake an additional 15 minutes, until lightly colored and dry.
- Cool on the pan. Store in a tin–they keep well.
You may also like