- Yields: 8 to 10
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cut bread into 3/4 to 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups).
- In a greased, shallow 3-quart casserole or a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, arrange bread cubes evenly. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt cream cheese; add the chilies. Carefully spread mixture over the top of the cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk. Pour egg mixture over cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
You may also like