- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, salt and baking powder three times. Add flour and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Add extracts. Divide evenly in three greased and floured 9-inch cake pans. Bake until straw tester comes out clean (approximately 25 to 30 minutes).
- Cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on cake racks. Make sure cake bottom is next to rack.
- If white layers are desired, substitute 6 egg whites for whole eggs and solid shortening for butter. Beat whites until soft peaks form and fold into cake batter LAST.
- NOTE: For an especially velvety cake, use 2 duck eggs and 2 hen eggs instead of 4 hen eggs.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like