- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, then milk. Beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, salt, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch round cake pan. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Slice cake crosswise twice to make 3 layers. Layers will be thin. Mix together 1 Tbsp sugar, water, and kirsch, then sprinkle top 2 layers (not bottom) with mixture. Spread all 3 layers with raspberry preserves.
- Cover each layer with cherries, then spread with whipped cream. Place second and third layers atop bottom layer. Sprinkle top with chocolate shavings. Chill until ready to serve.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member, Acapulco Princess, Acapulco, Mexico
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like