- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cake: Combine flour and sugar in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine butter, water and cocoa in medium saucepan. Heat to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; mix well. Stir in eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter between 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans. Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; turn out onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Filling: Combine pudding mix and milk in bowl of electric mixer. Beat on high speed until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add whipped topping; beat 2 minutes. Refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
- Glaze: Heat butter, cocoa and half-and-half to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; slowly stir in confectioners' sugar (if added too fast, glaze will be lumpy). Stir in vanilla extract. ( Note: Glaze must be warm when ready to pour over cake.)
- Place 1 cake round upside down onto cake platter. Top with pudding mixture, it will be a thick layer. Place second cake layer on filling. Slowly pour warm glaze over the top; allow it to run down sides. Chill 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like