- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- In very large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, all the fruit and the nuts. Set aside.
- Sift 2 cups flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add sugar in thirds, beating until fluffy after each addition.
- Beating only until smooth after addition, alternately add dry the dry ingredients in fourths, liquids in thirds to the creamed mixture. Finally beat only until smooth. Do not over beat. Pour batter over the fruit mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites until rounded peaks are formed and egg whites do not slide when bowl is partially inverted.
- Carefully spread the beaten egg whites over batter and fold together. Place a shallow pan containing 2 cups water on the bottom rack of the oven during baking time. Turn batter into a lightly greased 10 tube pan, spreading evenly. Bake at 275° F for about 4 hours or until the cake tests done with a wooden pick.
- Cool completely. Remove from the pan and store in an airtight container.
- If desired, once or twice a week, using a pastry brush, paint the cake with brandy or rum and store again.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like