- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease and flour a 10-inch stem or Bundt pan; sprinkle 1 cup almonds over the bottom and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, amaretto and almond extract. Beat on low speed with electric mixer about 30 seconds until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 4 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes before removing. Cool completely and place on cake plate.
- For glaze, in small saucepan, combine sugar, water and butter and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool 15 minutes.
- Stir in amaretto and almond extract. Punch holes in cake from top to bottom with wooden pick. Slowly spoon glaze over top until entirely absorbed.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like