- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
1 - 16 oz. package Pound Cake mix
- 3/4 cup amaretto liqueur, divided use
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 - 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Prepare Pound Cake according to package directions, except substitute 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur for an equal amount of liquid called for on package. Bake in a 10-inch tube or bundt pan. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur. Prick the top of cake with fork or skewer. Slowly drizzle glaze over the top and sides.
- Right before serving, spoon cherry pie filling over cake. Garnish with almonds.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like