- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 4 slices commercial angel food cake
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in amaretto and lemon juice; cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Remove from heat; stir in almonds and extract. Serve warm over angel food cake.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like