- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
1-1/2 cup Toasted Almonds; chopped,
- 1 pk Yellow cake mix without
- 1/2 cup Veg. oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract divided pudding
- 1 sm Pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 4 Eggs
- Sprinkle 1 cup almonds into bottom of a well-greased and floured 10 tube pan; set aside. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, amaretto, and almond extract in a mixing bowl; beat on low speed of an electric mixer til dry ingred. are moistened.
- Increase speed to md, and beat 4 min. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup almonds. Pour batter into prepared tube pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hr. or til a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10-15 min.; remove from pan, and cool completely.
- Combine sugar, 1/4 cup water, and butter in a sm. saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med., and gently boil 4-5 min., stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, and cool 15 min. Stir in 1/4 cup amaretto and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Punch holes in top of cake with a wooden pick; slowly spoon glaze on top of cake, allowing glaze to absorb in cake.
Servings: one 10-inch cake
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like