- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and place in 350° F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Remove and set aside.
- Lightly grease and flour a 10" nonstick bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add flour, stir just enough to blend.
- Add lemon juice and extracts. Stir. Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the remaining toasted almonds. Scrape the batter into prepared pan and bake until cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes oif baking, cover top of cake tightly with aluminum foil.
- While cake is baking, prepare syrup: In a saucepan slowly heat the sugar, amaretto and lemon juice, stirring, until sugar melts. Reserve until ready to use.
- When cake is done, remove from oven; with a cake tester, poke holes all over the bottom of the cake (which is now on top).
- Carefully pour or brush on half of the syrup until is is absorbed into the holes. Cool cake in the pan on a cake rack for 10 minutes.
- Gently invert the cake onto another rack and remove from pan. With a cake tester, poke holes in the top and sides of cake; brush with remaining syrup. Let cool completely.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like