- Serves: n/a
- Source: n/a
- Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
- Date: n/a
This is just one of over 9,000 recipes we've collected since early 1996. Many of these recipes have been passed down from family member to family member and then shared with friends and then, with SecretRecipes.com. When it comes to recipes, the real secret is that all of our recipes always have been, and always will be free!
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pudding and butter until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Combine milk and Amaretto and add alternately with the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Fold in 1 tsp vanilla and the puréed strawberries. Divide batter equally into three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- To Make Filling: Beat whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp almond extract on high with electric mixer until stiff.
- Fill each layer with 1/3 of the whipped cream and 3/4 cup sliced strawberries. Frost sides of cake with cream cheese frosting. Pipe an edge of frosting around cake top.
- Spread remaining whipped cream on cake top. Top with quartered strawberries.
Makes: one - 9 inch 3 layer cake
Beat cream cheese until smooth. In separate bowl, combine sugar and butter; mix well. Add to cream cheese. Stir in vanilla and beat until smooth.
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
You may also like